Sunday, March 8, 2009

Korean Mix Rice???

last nite we had "pot luck"..but this time was a bit different.. we were trying to do Korean Mix Rice with our ownself-created sauce.. the ingredients were common: cucumber, salted carrot, salted mushroom, lettuce, cooked cabbage n chinese cabbage and half cooked egg.. the sauce to mix with the rice is..erm..a bit Chinese..We use: soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, kicap soya pekat, bijirin oil...these r so Chinese..haha..so i think we were doing Chinese Mix Rice instead of Korean.. hahaha..and i did really think b4 to mix with Marmite, TomYam paste, chili powder and watever paste i have..but Cherrie stopped me from doing tat..haha..i think it might probably ruin the taste of my rice or i might get diarrhea the next day..haha..










4 comments:

kevinpnp said...

My family went to Korea last year. My bro told me the way korean eat their food is like dogs. They mix everything together and make a mess in the bowl and start eating like dogs. Strange culture.

jellirier...april said...

haha..they eat like a dog or they eat food tat like dog food?very big different...haha...it's really a strange culture..but i tot they do like tat is becoz they dun want to waste the left over..so they mix them together with some korean chili sauce. actually is quite tasty..n healthy too..coz most of the ingredients r fresh if we dun use left over^^
have a try!

kevinpnp said...

Korean restaurants here are way too expensive. Not sure that my korean friend will cook for me.

Anyway, I don't think I'll love it. I don't like to eat their chili sauce. It's sweet and I don't like to eat sweet stuff with rice. Makes me 'Jelak'.

jellirier...april said...

haha..dun like to eat sweet stuff with rice?den try to make ur own sauce lar..haha...quite fun u know~after u try remember to tell me o..maybe we can exchange experience..^^